Ingram Family

Friday, May 18, 2007

We're not married!!!

OK. First of all, let me explain. Today, Michelle, our worker from Holt, called to tell me that everything was in Vietnam and going as planned. Except....they had found an error on our marriage certificate. My birthdate was listed as July 7 and my actual birthdate is September 7. Well....I came home only to discover that it was wrong on all of our copies. So, I called the Madison County courthouse and talked with a very nice lady who explained to me that I would have to sign an affidavit stating that my birthdate was incorrect, have two people from our wedding sign affidavits stating that I am who I was then and that I did marry Jennifer and that my REAL birthdate is indeed September 7. I asked if they could email me the copies of the affidavits and was told that they did not have email. WHAT??? Are you kidding me??? So they faxed (they had one next door!) the copies to my sister and we got them filled out and notarized. Then Jennifer reminded me of what I didn't want to hear. Once we get the corrected copy of our marriage certificate, then we have to have it state sealed (at least 2 weeks) and then once we send it to Holt, it has to be certified by the Vietnamese consulate in San Francisco (2 weeks) and then it can be sent to Vietnam. So settle in, this could be a bumpy ride! To say the least, we could either laugh (joke about the fact that we may not be married!) or cry! Please just pray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home