Ingram Family

Thursday, September 6, 2007

I scream, you scream, Isaac screams for Ice Cream!!!



Well, after meeting with our travel agent here at the hotel (the travel agency pays for our hotels and then we meet with the agent to pay her), we struck out on foot. Before I tell you about that, let me explain the travel agent. Trong, our Holt rep here in Hanoi met us in the lobby with the travel agent. She was a very sweet, young pregnant lady who whips out the credit card machine (the old kind), makes an impression of our card and writes down all of the information on our card (including the pin # on the back!) For all we know, she is on a flight to Cancun right now to soak her swollen feet from the pregnancy! It just goes to show you, you have to have a little faith every now and again! Anyway, now I will tell you about our little jaunt! The streets here are very crowded with people, cars, scooters, scooters and more scooters! Crossing the street is a treat! Everyone should experience it once in their life. Whoever said that once you start crossing, just keep going, don't stop...They are most correct!!! If you even hesitate, you will be mowed down by someone (or an entire family loaded down with 2x4's and some drywall)!! Anyway, I digress! We started walking and Isaac spoke to just about everyone we saw! Including the police officers who I was sure were going to ask us to prove he was ours! We went looking for a place to eat besides the hotel. We found a great little place that served Vietnamese and Thai. The food was wonderful and like most other meals we have had since we got to this country, came complete with one or two people to stand by your table while you eat. This is very interesting to me, because as our son babbles on in his native tongue, they can understand, but we can't. So you have these people that sometimes just laugh at whatever he is talking about, but we just sit there like....duh???? The man tonight saw that Isaac was a little out of sorts going on about something, so he came over and took his shoes off and had him cross his legs in his chair. This made all the difference in the world! After eating, I paid the bill. Now, get this, there is 16,000 dong to 1 US dollar. The bill was 137,000 dong. I paid, I think 152,000 dong. Well, evidently, this was the best tip these people had ever seen. Everyone at the restaurant on the way out, folded their hands in front of their mouths and nodded to us as we left. They kept thanking us all the way out the door and a little bit down the street. Once we got back to the hotel, we ordered ice cream from room service. Let's just say, the pictures speak for themselves. So...as we go to bed, enjoy the latest pics. Love to all and again, the comments keep us going. We just keep saying to each other how wonderful it is to have so many friends and family follow us on our journey. We could not have made it this far this happy without them! Marty

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want you to know that Ms Debbie says she is really enjoying the blog. I print off the latest and take to her everyday on my way home from work. She sends her love and is very excited for you both and Isaac. Mom had me add you to our prayer list at church. Anna Claire and I will be spending the weekend at your house. Love you and can't wait to see you Cindy

September 6, 2007 at 7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty,Jennifer, and Issac:
I am so excited to learn and see all of your adventures while your in Issac's birth place.
I am praying for you all and look forward to continued stories and pictures!
Much love,
Cub

September 6, 2007 at 7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pajamas! And the look on Isaac's face while watching Disney is priceless! Lexi read some of your blog last night. She loved hearing about your adventures and she thinks Isaac is precious. I hope she doesn't attack him when he gets to church! We're praying for things to go well so you all can get back home soon. We love you!

Christy B

September 6, 2007 at 7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that you guys are probably tired of me writing in every blog, but I just can't help it. I just want you to know that I am keeping up with everything and thinking about you a bunch. We will have to get Jesse and Isaac together for a icecream party, that is Jesse's favorite food and he loves getting messy with it. Be careful out there and yes keep the faith, because you know God is not going to lead you astray. Thanks again and lots of love to all -Charm-

September 6, 2007 at 8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty, Jennifer, and Isaac,

My class has really enjoyed checking your Blogger everyday. The kids are excited and amazed. In combination with us checking your blogger daily we are also researching Vietnam and comparing it to our own Badin community. It has been a great social studies activity for my class. I am so happy for you. It looks like things are going great for you and little Isaac is just precious. I am so excited for you. By the way, Anna Clair is doing great. I have checked on her every day. One day she told me that Isaac could say her first name. Today she told me that she talked to Isaac. I asked her what he said. She replied "I have no idea." Like I said, she is doing great and she is very excited. I love you and I am praying for and your safe return back home with Isaac. God bless!

Jennifer Rhodes

September 6, 2007 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Love you all so much.
WL

September 6, 2007 at 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
What an awesome experience that you are having. This has been a bad week at work and when the stress gets to bad, I pull up your Blog and smile and say a pray for you. (Helps me and hopefuly you too!) Issac is a precious child and I know, Jennifer, that the tears just flowed when he told the police office that you were his Mommy. It seems that he has accepted both of you with no problem and the worries you had about the language have not been to bad. He also seems to be "all boy" and from now on there will never be a dull moment in the Ingram household. We are praying that things will happen quickly so that you can come home as soon as possible and all of you be together. We love you and pray for you continued safety.
Ralph and Sharon

September 6, 2007 at 12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! It's me again. We all are enjoying reading each of your blogs. Isaac will fit right in with all of the Biggerstaff Great Grandchildren...they are ice-cream lovers too. You'll have to try him out on a Fruit Stack and Apple Pretzel Salad...maybe even an Oh Scott Bar to boot! You know, when you trust in the Lord to provide what you need it all works out just fine. You've trusted in Him and His timing and wow, what a blessing you are receiving.
Love ya bunches,
Debbie B.

September 6, 2007 at 1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love checking the blog to see updates and then talk with Anna Claire about them. She's doing well and proudly sharing the updates with everyone. I think this blog thing is wonderful to keep everyone in touch with what you guys are doing and experiencing over there. I know you must be very busy but thanks a million for taking the time out to send us info and to let us know you're alright. You are and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. angie

September 6, 2007 at 6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty, Love the PJ's! Will would have been proud. Keep your head up when crossing the street. I don't want to see you on the News. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.- Jamie

September 6, 2007 at 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home