Ingram Family

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Just a short one

We ventured out into the city of Hanoi today. We needed to buy Isaac some new shoes. The ones we brought him were too small. His toes were hanging off the front. We asked the kind ladies at the reception desk where we should go They whipped out a map and gave us directions. Now we're talking. I am a map kind of girl. They asked us if we wanted a taxi. I hope I didn't holler when I said no. I'd be fine not to take another unchaperoned taxi ride the remainder of our stay. I don't care if I have blisters all the way up my legs and I wear out the bottoms of my shoes.
It really was only about 5 blocks to a "mall". Don't go thinking South Park on me. Anyway we walked there, risking our lives crossing the street, and bought some shoes. You should have seen the two ladies swarm him to let him try them on.Before knew it, they had a little stool under him and they were taking off the ill-fitting shoes. We are going to try to include a picture. We bought Isaac some toy cars that make noise.
On the way back, we were followed by two ladies who wanted us to buy their wares. They had some rolls and some fried crispy looking things in baskets they were carrying. We politely said no, but they followed us along for a while anyway. I found the very thing I was looking for for Anna Claire on our way back to the hotel. Can't tell. It's a surprise.
This afternoon, we are to be at the US Embassy at 2:00 for our I-600 interview. We'll let you know how it goes. Truong is picking us up at the hotel. I am so glad.
Isaac slept for about 10 hours last night, and he is finishing up a nap right now. He has been eating well, too. At lunch he learned to love french fries from Marty's room service plate. He also loves little cups of yogurt.
We called Anna Claire this morning. It was bedtime for you all. It was so wonderful to hear her voice. Man, are we homesick. She got to talk to Hoang. He loved that. Oh, one thing I almost forgot to tell. Isaac and I were standing outside the hotel this morning waiting for Marty to exchange some money. A security guard was talking to him. He asked him who I was and Isaac told him I was his mother. How sweet was that!
Well, it is almost time to head out to the embassy. Keep praying. God bless.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay the tears are flowing again to know that he told a stranger that you were his Mommy. How precious that is. Glad to know things are still going well and that the child is already fitting in with the greatest child foods made "french fries and skittles." Too funny!! Still in my prayers and thoughts. Lots of Love -Charm-

September 6, 2007 at 5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isaac's comment certainly would melt your "mommy-heart." That's precious! Sounds like his place is secure in your lives & he is feeling secure in yours!

Sheri, David, Micah & Noah-in Danang (Holt)

September 6, 2007 at 6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that didn't take long for him to acknowledge you as his mother! How sweet!! So glad he is adjusting so well... and enjoying every word about your trip. Johnny and I can't wait to go and it is so much fun for us to follow yours.

September 6, 2007 at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home