Ingram Family

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Getting Ready

Well, this was a busy weekend. We finally purchased all of the gifts we have to take. Many of you have expressed your opinions on the gifts. Yes, it is a pain to think and plan that many gifts, but it has been there from the start and we have definitely heard horror stories about gifts that had to be purchased for other governments and officials. Ours are minimal. AND, most importantly, it in no way takes away from the "GIFT" that we are being given. The gifts we have purchased are just that, purchased gifts. The "gift" we are being given is a gift from our Heavenly Father and that is the kind of "gift" that cannot be compared! Thanks for understanding and helping us with this endeavor.

Like I said on the earlier blog, we overnighted our passports to the visa service in DC. Yesterday was a panic day, as I could not confirm that they had been received and I searched the house frantically trying to find copies of our passports. I could not find them. All I could think about was our only copy (the original) was somewhere in the postal system. But, last night at 10:00pm I confirmed that they had indeed been received. Hopefully all is there and can be processed quickly. Our flight arrangements are being made. As of now here is the path that will take us to our son:

Charlotte to Atlanta, Atlanta to Korea (15 hour flight), Korea to Hanoi, Vietnam, and the Hanoi to Danang. We will start on Friday, Aug. 31 at 8:58 and get to Danang by Sunday morning around 8am. I know this goes without saying, but please pray for this. Many things are going through my mind and I am the one who loves to fly!!!! You can only imagine what Jennifer is thinking.

Again, we love each and every one of you. If you have prayed, given a gift or just thought of us, we are truly grateful and appreciative. I can't say that enough. I can't wait to get back and introduce you to our new little boy! Love to all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I spent some time at the store yesterday trying to find some little things to put in Noah's package. I never imagined how hard that would be...the emotions were overwhelming. Anyway, the package will soon be at your house. We're SO thankful that you have a small spot to take a few things to our son...THANKS seems inadequate.

And, we'll be following along as you head to VN for your son! We'll be praying for an amazing journey & quick, complete grieving for Hoang as he joings his forever family.

Enjoy EVERY moment!!

Sheri, David, Micah & Noah--in DaNang

August 24, 2007 at 6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home