Ingram Family

Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Good Morning

We have had a great start to our day. After eating in the restaurant (because it's free) downstairs, we headed out on another walking trip. We are learning our way around a little better on foot. (You already know my opinion on taxis.) We found some really neat storefront shops with local art work. Super cool. We spent 445,000 Dong! Before you get too excited, that is about $28, and you wouldn't believe all we came back with. We also found another restaurant that was very nice and super cheap by American standards. Huge meal, 200,000 Dong ($12.50).
Today is Marty's birthday - and happy birthday Donna Shaver. Our gift for him for now is to send him to the hotel spa while Isaac naps. Don't worry Anna Claire, I remember that you and I have gifts for him in Albemarle for when we get home.
We both had a huge bout of homesickness this morning. Please pray for us. We are so ready to see some familiar faces (especially you AC) and places. I know we have said it over and over, but the comments you are leaving are an amazing blessing to us.
We'll post more later. We love you all. Pray, Pray, Pray. God bless.

8 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Marty! Your first week is over. Not much longer until you are home. We miss you guys, too. Your every step has been in our prayers and will continue that way. God speed.
WL

September 7, 2007 at 3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!! I know you guys are ready to come home and see your baby girl, but just think you are so close to the Ingram 4 being all together. You are missed her also. I hope that you guys have a great day. Love -Charm-

September 7, 2007 at 4:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Marty. I hope you enjoyed the spa!! Have a great day with Isaac. Rachel

September 7, 2007 at 4:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Marty. Just imagine the fun Issac will have when you all celebrate Martys birthday at home with Anna Claire. I notice you left out his new age...lol... but he must be just 29 again.
I remember when we moved to NC and feeling so homesick.. I know its not Vietnam but trust me to this Yankee Albemarle may just as well have been,,,I certainly didn't SPEAK the language... a drop cord???? a HOSE PIPE???? you are FIXIN what????
But I have adjusted and come to love this area... Your weeks are working you toward home and that will be wonderful for you all.
Know we am praying for you and Anna Claire regularly and will keep doing so.
Judi and Jeff

September 7, 2007 at 4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Marty!!! We miss you back home and can't wait for you guys to come back to the states.

I enjoy reading your posts every day. It is so great to hear about Isaac becoming an Ingram. He probably doesn't realize just yet how lucky he is, but he will!!

Take care of each other! We are praying hard for you!
We love you guys!!

The Blues

September 7, 2007 at 5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it has been a week today that we drove you to the airport. And boy it seems like you have been gone a month. We all miss you so much. If it was not for this blog I don't know what we would do. I love checking it everyday. That is the first thing I do when I come to work. Happy Birthday brother, I love you more that words can say, you are the best brother any sister could ever have. I hope you have an awesome day. And what a great birthday present, your little Isaac Haong Ingram. I love you all and pray for your safe return. Love Cindy

September 7, 2007 at 5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Marty! I just have to ask, did y'all make sure Isaac's ice cream didn't have gravel from the drivway in it? Ha! Ha! We miss you and pray for you daily. I know God has you in his hands, the same way he placed Isaac in your hands to protect and care and love him. By the way, Aidan thinks Isaac's PJ's rock!!! They will definetly be the best of friends! Can't wait to hear the latest... Love you! Karen, Steve, Zac, Maddie and Aidan

September 7, 2007 at 5:39 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Happy Birthday, Marty! I have enjoyed reading all of your posts. Issac is a very special young man! I wish you the best!

September 7, 2007 at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home