Ingram Family

Friday, September 7, 2007

My Two Cool Fellas




This afternoon and evening has been about my boys. I told you earlier that Marty went to the spa for his birthday. Isaac woke up while he was away and I was afraid he would be upset that Marty wasn't here. He is so attached to him. When he got out of his bed, he did go look in the bathroom for Marty, I guess because that's where Marty was when he went to sleep. However, he was fine when I told him he would be right back. Boy, was I wrong. We had about 2 hours alone together. It was wonderful. We played cars, watched tv, went online to Starfall (one of Anna Claire's favoite sites), fought over the phone, and ate Skittles. We are using the Skittles to teach him "please" and "Thank you." He gets and gives a thumbs up when he does things well. We say "Good job!" and he repeats us. It is quite cute. While we were waiting for Marty to return, he made our two thumbs kiss. It was so cute He laughed and laughed. Of course, we did it a hundred times after that.
I was startig to get a little worried about Marty when the phone rang. He wanted Isaac and I to come down to the spa. The girls who work there wanted to meet him. When we arrived, Marty was standing there with arose they had given him for his birthday. There were 4-5 girls there and they made all over Isaac. At first, he was very shy and kept hiding behind me. He finally came around. They were speaking to him in Vietnamese and translating for us. It was really sweet.
After that, we went to the pool. The very COLD pool. Isaac loved his swim ring. (Thanks Mrs. J. Eudy.) He stayed in it the entire time we swam.
Wec came back to the room and Isaac had his bath. This was the first time I gave him bubbles. He liked that a lot. Anna Claire, you won't believe how much you two have in common. We had room service for supper and then our doorbell rang. It was a man with half a dozen roses for Marty for his birthday. They were from our travel agent here. She is the one who took care of lining up our hotel rooms and our tours. It was so sweet of her.
I hope we will have some great pictures and text tomorrow. We are going on a guided tour of Hanoi. Pray for us. I am still very nervous about getting in a vehicle with someone else in charge of it. However, we want to see a lot of Isaac's country before we head home.
I guess I will sign off for the night. We love all of you so much. Pray, pray, pray. God bless.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Daddy, I love you and I miss you. Love, Anna Claire

September 7, 2007 at 7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty, Want to wish you a very happy birthday and know that we love you. We pray for you, Jennifer, and Isaac everyday. Anna Claire is doing great. Love, Dad and Mom

September 7, 2007 at 7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Marty!! What a wonderful gift to have Issac and what a celebration there will be with Anna Claire when back in NC.:)

Love and Prayers,
Anthony, Michelle, David and Joshua

September 7, 2007 at 7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still praying daily for you guys! God's grace be with you as you journey in a foreign land. I know how scary it is to be at the mercy of a taxi driver in another country. Just close your eyes and keep a barf bag handy!!!

All our love,
Christy B & family

September 7, 2007 at 7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty,
Happy birthday.
We know this will be one you will remember for the rest of your life.
Enjoy yourselves and stay safe. Looks like from all the pictures that Issac is adjusting well to you'all and enjoying himself. Hang in there and remember: Every day that goes by is one day closer to Albemarle. Our thoughts are with you constantly.
Gretel & Ray

September 7, 2007 at 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Marty! I don't even really "know" you... but now I'm starting to feel like other Holt families have been friends for a long time now!!

Okay... Jennifer... please no more talk about the scariness of the taxis there.... I'll be scared to death by the time we get there to get in one! I guess you'll have to be praying me through that part when we go since you'll know exactly what I will be feeling!!

September 7, 2007 at 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy for all of you! I've enjoyed reading all of your entries. Loved the ice cream pictures and the birthday wishes from Anna Claire. How sweet. Issac is a handsome young man. Prayers for your safe travel home.

Cheryl Edwards

September 7, 2007 at 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Marty,
Happy birthday to you!!!!!
I guess this will be the most memorable birthday ever. You certainly have received a wonderful present in that beautiful little boy to go along with that precious little girl. I know they will be great friends. What a blessing it will be to see their relationship grow. We can't wait to hear that you are home and beginning your lives as the Ingram Four.
Love ya bunches,
Debbie

P.S. I think someone thought I might be serious about getting him a new shirt...you know I was playing with you since Mike is such a NC State fan.

September 7, 2007 at 1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the Carolina t-shirt. Aunt Rachel promises to show him around if he decides to go there (if it still looks the same in 14 years). Hope you had a great tour today.

September 7, 2007 at 2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR FAVORITE SON IN LAW. LOOKS LIKE IT WAS REALLY GREAT AND JUST THINK YOU'LL GET ANOTHER CELEBRATION WHEN YOU GET HOME TO ANNA CLAIRE. WE LOVE YOU.

September 7, 2007 at 2:48 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I just wanted to tell you how much fun I am having reading your blog. We are another Holt family and we are adopting a five yo from VN and hoping to travel in about 8 weeks! It's encouraging to see how Isaac is adapting so well.
Blessings, Ann

September 7, 2007 at 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Marty! What a birthday to remember too! Sounds like you continue to stay busy which will hopefully keep your mind somewhat off of being homesick (although we all know it really won't.) I love the picture of the boys off to swim- that was so cute! You all continue to be in my constant thoughts and prayers. We're enjoying the blogs but can't wait to see you guys back on NC ground and the Ingram four together at last! Take care and God bless. angie

September 7, 2007 at 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home