Ingram Family

Monday, September 10, 2007

I have just freed myself up to blog after finishing some emails and cleaning out Isaac's backpack. Oh my! You wouldn't believe the things he has stashed in there.
He and Marty are getting some well-deserved napping in. Last night, there was a bad storm, and we didn't get much rest. When you are on the 16th floor, you are a little closer to the thunder and lightning action.
This morning, we ventured out by taxi and did some shopping in the Old Quarter. It was fun. We even did a little bargaining. One woman was hopeful that I was going to buy out her store, but most of you know that I am the cheap one.
Isaac continues to entertain people everywhere we go. He continues to identify us as his father and mother, so that is good.
We are planning on an early supper at a restaurant we have been to once already. We'll let you in on any excitement.
Alec Hudson asked about the cost of gas. The be honest, we haven't seen a gas station in Hanoi. I know there must be plenty. I'll try to check on that for you.
We should hear about the status of Isaac's passport in a couple of days. Then, we will start working on his visa.
Boy, are we still loving the comments and the prayers. Please pray for peace and safety. Isaac's cough seems fine today, but remember it in your prayers too. We love you all. God bless.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

We are happy to hear that you guys are doing so well. We will continue to pray for all of you.

David and Wendy

September 10, 2007 at 7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had to let you know that North Stanly is now 3 and 1. We won our game Friday night 40 to 7. I just thought you might want to know. I do love reading the blog everyday. Anna Claire dreamed about Isaac last night. She dreamed he was home, but that is all she would tell me about the dream. Love Cindy

September 10, 2007 at 7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
I love reading your blogs everyday. Nothing much is going on here at school. We are taking the students to a lumberjack show Thursday for the Best of Badin Festival. I think Anna Claire will enjoy it. Kelli and Pam says to tell you hello. Tell Isaac he has a beautiful smile. Anna Claire told us that she talked to Isaac over the phone. We asked her what he said and she replied " I don't Know". I thought that was so cute. We will continue to pray for you guys.
Love ya,
Dee Dee

September 10, 2007 at 8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that Isaac is so handsome! I am enjoying reading all the fun things you are doing with him. Cindy Wells is showing some of the things to all the fourth graders. They seem to be enjoying it. You are all still in our thoughts and prayers. I'm glad Isaac likes the swim ring. Keep sending the letters and pics. Jayne

September 10, 2007 at 11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little ones are so scared of storms. When Gabe was a baby he wasn't too scared of them but now...he's terrified of them. Please send some rain our way, it's so dry here and we desperately need it. Glad to hear that Isaac's cough is getting better. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and enjoy your blogs. angie

September 10, 2007 at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home